Let’s discuss the fact, not often mentioned, that the Big Bang (BB) does not support the metaphysics of spirituality, which asserts that consciousness is the causal and operative principle of the cosmos. BB does not support such a view because:
- the idea that “something comes from nothing” is irrational.
- Science is based on rationality.
- Humanity has devoted untold people hours and trillions of dollars to the pursuit of science so we human must think science of value and look to it to provide answers. Humans demand that science (and the arts) strive to have a view of reality that makes sense (is rational).
- BB proposes the universe started at an arbitrary moment in time (where is the rationality for that), and will end in universal heat death, i.e., due to the expansion of matter will cool to the point there is not enough heat at any one locality to make life possible. The universe will freeze life out of existence.
- Why then if consciousness is the creator of the universe, as many spiritually minded people suspect, would consciousness produce a world which cannot could support itself. Why would consciousness, in essence, commit suicide?
- If item 5 is correct, consciousness could not be the causal agent of the cosmos, thereby there is no meaningful spiritual content to the cosmos. Rank materialism is the only conclusion and the universe thereby has no meaning (the atheistic existential position).
- The idea that the universe is God and God is the universe is unsupported by BB.
- BB is anti-spiritual because it says according to quantum mechanics and chaos theory both of which support BB, the universe is an accident, maybe a spectacular accident, but an accident none the less. How does it feel to have to think of yourself as an accident, assuming of course, your feelings have any meaning in the big picture of things?
- BB leads to the view that i am the only thing that matters, so anything I do to satisfy me is justifiable. Survival of the fittest is perfectly reasonable. My attempts to justify me at the expense of everyone else is supported by BB.
Above are reasons the BB is false, from the Metaphysical point of view. Scientists themselves who are not supporting BB are collecting data to justify their belief BB is wrong.
It is my view, BB is the worst possible operating system for humans to consider using. It is anti-spiritual and unsupportable. It is false, not so much as it that it nullifies spiritually, but that it nullifies itself. There is a growing list, 30 items long at last count, that scientists have advanced that show BB cannot be true. Anyone interested in seeing the evidence can let me know. I will put them in DropBox and send a link. An interesting website on the subject is <metaresearch.net> and the “Alternative Cosmology Group” <www.cosmology.info/>
The point I am trying to move forward is that Big Bang (BB) is anti-spiritual because it says the universe is an accident, it will end in universal heat death and if consciousness is in fact responsible for the universe, then consciousness would not produce a self-destructive universe, i.e., commit suicide which the BB insists is the eventual outcome.
Their is another perspective on all this, the Structuralist viewpoint. We’ll save that for another post. Just mentioned it so no one will despair that there is no replacement for BB.